The Sacred Cowtipper | home
Rob Bell Says Hell is a Metaphor Live on Good Morning America | Scariest Path in the World, The | What is True Repentance and True Revival? | You Can't Preach the Gospel if You are Poor | Does the Bible Really Teach that the Earth is Flat | Knitting a Sweater and the Big Bang | Visitation of Christ, The (A Christmas Issue) | Discussion with an Agnostic | Is Glenn Beck a Christian Now? | Satan's Non-Stop Attack | Don't Be a Fool; Jump in the Pool | Crimson Tide | Are You a Cow Tipper? | Born Again and Again and Again | Is the ESV Bible Translation a Good One? You Decide! | Heavens Declare His Glory, The - How Big is Our Universe?
The Heavens Declare His Glory
How Big is Our Universe?
(February 6th, 2008; Unknown writer and Robert Marino)
Currently, it is believed that our universe expands out to at least 6 billion light years from Earth. Since 2003 when the population on Earth was around 6 billion people, it was estimated that there are so many stars out there that each person on Earth could have owned 11 trillion just for themselves.
Do you have your fork and spoon ready? Here is a tidbit for you.
“Uni” means “one”.
Example: A unicycle has one wheel; a bicycle with one wheel. A unicorn has one horn. Unity means to become one.
“Verse” means a stanza of a poem or song. If you are singing a verse in a song or reading a verse in a poem to an audience, you are speaking or singing it out therefore we can also take it to mean a “spoken sentence.”
Now check this out. This is interesting. God spoke what into existence?
Listen to what the Apostle Paul says in Hebrews 11:3.
3. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. 6. And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 7. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. 8. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. 9. And God said, Let the waters under the Heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. 10. And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. 11. And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. 12. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 13. And the evening and the morning were the third day. 14. And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: 15. And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. 16. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, 18. And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 19. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. 20. And God said, Let the waters bring forth bundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. 21. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 22. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. 23. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day. 24. And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. 25. And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 26. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29. And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
How big is this place we live in called the Universe? BIG Baby!
Antares is the 15th brightest star in the sky that they know of. It is estimated to be more than 1,000 light years away.
Now how big are you? You don't feel so significant (important) right now - do you?
NOW JUST TRY TO WRAP YOUR BRAIN AROUND THIS.........
This is a Hubble telescope ultra deep field infrared view of countless `ENTIRE' GALAXIES that are believed to be billions of light-years away.
Below is a close up of one of the darkest regions of the photo above yet there are 100 or so galaxies in this one little spot of the universe. Our galaxy is called the Milky Way and there are millions upon millions of stars in our galaxy alone.
HUMBLING, ISN'T IT?
And yet, Someone knows how many hairs are on your head, and not even a single sparrow dies apart from His will (Matthew 10:29-31).
NOW, HOW BIG ARE YOU?
And how big are the things that upset you today?
AND HOW BIG IS MY GOD?
25. Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26. Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27. Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28. And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29. And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31. Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32. (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
- Matthew 6:25-34
Keep Life in Perspective and Don't Sweat the Small Stuff! Do You Dwell Upon Eternal Things? Where is Your Heart? What Do You Value Most? What do You Focus on? Do You Focus on Your Retirement? Do You Ever Take Time to Think Where Your Eternal Soul Will Go When You Die? Or Do You Think on Things that are Very Temporal like "How Much Money You Have or What New Gadget Would I Like to Have?"
1. Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, 2. Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? 3. Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. 4. Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. 5. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? 6. Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; 7. When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? 8. Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb? 9. When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it, 10. And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors, 11. And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed? 12. Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place; 13. That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? 14. It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment. 15. And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arm shall be broken. 16. Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth? 17. Have the gates of death been opened unto thee? or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death? 18. Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all. 19. Where is the way where light dwelleth? and as for darkness, where is the place thereof, 20. That thou shouldest take it to the bound thereof, and that thou shouldest know the paths to the house thereof? 21. Knowest thou it, because thou wast then born? or because the number of thy days is great? 22. Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail, 23. Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war? 24. By what way is the light parted, which scattereth the east wind upon the earth? 25. Who hath divided a watercourse for the overflowing of waters, or a way for the lightning of thunder; 26. To cause it to rain on the earth, where no man is; on the wilderness, wherein there is no man; 27. To satisfy the desolate and waste ground; and to cause the bud of the tender herb to spring forth? 28. Hath the rain a father? or who hath begotten the drops of dew? 29. Out of whose womb came the ice? and the hoary frost of heaven, who hath gendered it? 30. The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen. 31. Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? 32. Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons? 33. Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth? 34. Canst thou lift up thy voice to the clouds, that abundance of waters may cover thee? 35. Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go and say unto thee, Here we are? 36. Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? or who hath given understanding to the heart? 37. Who can number the clouds in wisdom? or who can stay the bottles of heaven, 38. When the dust groweth into hardness, and the clods cleave fast together? 39. Wilt thou hunt the prey for the lion? or fill the appetite of the young lions, 40. When they couch in their dens, and abide in the covert to lie in wait?41. Who provideth for the raven his food? when his young ones cry unto God, they wander for lack of meat.
- Job 38:1-41
STILL SOME SAY THERE IS NO GOD!
I serve a BIG God. How about you? Ask yourself these questions -
Do you know Him?
Have you repented of your sins (confessed them to God and forsaken them)?
Are you born again according to the scriptures? (John 3:3,7)
Do you share your faith with others who have not turned from their sins and have become born again into the family of God?
Are you living for yourself or for God and the sake of the souls of others?
The Bible says in James 4, verse 14 -
14. Whereas you know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time, and then vanishes away.
How about taking the "Take The Test if You Dare". Click below.
I hope you can find time to forward this to a friend.
Disclaimer: The Sacred Cowtipper, and Mission Field America and its columnists do not necessarily endorse or agree with every opinion expressed in every article posted on this site. We do, however, encourage a healthy and friendly debate on the issues of our day. Whether you agree or disagree with a particular article, we encourage you to post your feedback by using the feedback button. Thank You.